Accident Report Information

The Rocky Mount Police Department documents reports of motor vehicle accidents using two report formats.  Depending upon the criteria involved with a motor vehicle accident, either a C.A.D. (Computer Aided Dispatch) report or a NC DMV-349 report is completed by the responding traffic accident investigator.

If you were involved in a motor vehicle collision, your report will fall into one of these two reporting formats. The use of these formats will determine how you obtain a copy of your traffic accident report. 

C.A.D. Report  (Computer Aided Dispatch Report for Minor Motor Vehicle Accidents)

A C.A.D. report is taken when there are no reported injuries and the resulting property damage appears to be less than $1000.00.  C.A.D. Report copies can be obtained from the Rocky Mount Police Department located at 330 S. Church Street, Rocky Mount. 

The person requesting the report will need to provide the C.A.D. Report number that is provided to the citizen by the traffic accident investigator at the scene of the motor vehicle accident.

NC DMV-349  (NC State Traffic Accident Report Form)

The NC DMV-349 is completed for accidents where personal injuries are reported and/or property damage occurs that appears to be over $1000.00.  NC DMV-349 reports are sent electronically or via US Mail to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles by the agency reporting the motor vehicle accident. 

NC DMV-349 Report copies can be obtained by one of the following ways:

1. Complete the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicle Request for Motor Vehicle Information (Crash Reports) form provided by the investigating officer; or  
2. Download the request form from the NC DOT web site using the following link:; or 
3. Visit the Rocky Mount Police Department located at 330 S. Church Street and pick up a copy of a request form. 

The request form should be mailed to the NC DMV, using the address at the bottom of the form.

Request in process, please wait...